At VanAire, our Engineering and Technology is driven by innovation and teamwork. We seek a Software Developer to join our talented team in Gladstone, Michigan.
The Software Developer will support our custom software as well as help create new software. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills, has a natural orientation toward details and solving problems, enjoys a team environment and mentoring others, and can achieve results with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Design, code and test new web-based software applications.
- Enhance existing systems by adding functionality.
- Test new features and configurations prior to deployment.
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects.
- Integrate current software systems to improve efficiency. This includes, but is not limited to, ERP software, CRM software, and CAD software.
- Create new product automation processes for product designs.
- Learn and utilize CAD tools to help support and develop products including but not limited to DriveWorks and SolidWorks.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot problems within department(s) and with outside vendors; provide status updates to parties involved; initiate calls for hardware/software support
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $55,000 – $75,000 annual starting wage based on education and experience.
- Company paid medical insurance.
- Health Savings Account.
- Simple IRA retirement plan with 3% employer match.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, and wellness activities.
- Tuition reimbursement programs.
- Profit sharing (paid twice yearly).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, or 4 years’ software development experience.
- Experience/proficiency developing software in C#, .NET, and .NET Core required.
- Experience creating Web API with .NET Core required.
- Ability to self-manage and adapt in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and direction.
- Solid writing and documentation skills required.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate technically complex information to others.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
BONUS QUALIFICATIONS THAT PUT YOU OVER THE TOP.
- ERP, CRM and CAD software experience a bonus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment a bonus.
- Experience with SQL Server and Entity Framework a bonus.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at the link below.